- Please inform the doctor or staff if you have any changes in medications or your medical condition before the start of the procedure.
- Before the procedure, please take any routine maintenance medications that you normally take for on-going medical conditions, unless advised not to by the doctor.
- If you are being sedated or are having general anesthesia, do not have anything by mouth including water for at least 6 hours before the procedure (if you are taking medications as in #2 above, take the medications with a small sip of water).
- If you are being sedated or having general anesthesia, you must have a responsible adult accompany you to the office, wait in the office until you are finished, and then take you home. It is best if this escort remains with you for several hours after the procedure during your recovery. You will not be allowed to drive home afterwards and if an escort is not present we cannot start the procedure.
- All patients under the age of 18 (legal minors) need to be accompanied by a responsible adult or guardian to the consultation appointment as well as any treatment appointment. No care including consultation can be done for a minor unless an adult is present.
Pre-Operative Instructions Form
This pre-operative instruction form is available for you to download should you misplace the instructions given to you by the doctor at your consultation appointment. Be sure to read the form prior to your surgery appointment. Please call us if you have any questions.